Department of Quantum Matter Physics
Ecole de Physique
University of Geneva
24, Quai Ernest-Ansermet
CH – 1211 Geneva 4
+41 (0)22 379 65 11
From Geneva airport
The airport is less than 4 km far from Geneva center.
- From Geneva airport to Geneva train station by train (7 minutes). There are regular trains from the airport to the main Geneva train station (Cornavin). All the trains stop at Geneva Cornavin station. See train timetable.
- From Geneva airport to Ecole de physique by bus. The bus stop is at the check-in level. Bus line 5 or 10 and change at Bel-Air. From Bel-Air bus stop, take the bus 19 (to Onex-Cité) or 2 (to Onex-Cité). Stop at Musée d’Ethnographie, and walk a few minutes to Ecole de Physique.
From Geneva train station
From Geneva train station (Cornavin) to Ecole de Physique by bus/tram there are several options:
- Take the bus 1 (to Hôpital Trois-Chênes) in front of the station, direction to the right, exit at stop “Ecole de Médecine”, and walk a few minutes to Ecole de Physique.
- or walk 5 minutes until stop “Coutance” and take the bus 19 (to Onex-Cité). Exit at stop “Musée ethnographie”, and walk a few minutes to Ecole de Physique.
- or take the tramway 14 (to Bernex Vailly), exit at stop “Jonction” and walk a few minutes to Ecole de Physique.
See bus timetable
From the A1 motorway, follow “Genève-La Praille” until the end of the motorway (Jonction). Follow “Route des Jeunes”, cross the Saint-Georges bridge and take the first road on the right “Quai Ernest-Ansermet”.
- Parking Ecole de Physique (entrance at bd d’Yvoy) 100 places
- Underground parking Plainpalais (entrance at avenue du Mail) 800 places
- Parking Ernest-Ansermet (entrance quai Ernest-Ansermet,direction Uni-Mail) 710 places
- Parking Uni-Mail (entrance Boulevard Carl-Vogt) 180 places
- Underground Parking David-Dufour (entrance Rue David-Dufour) 440 places
- Parking Centre sportif des Vernets (entrance Rue Hans-Wilsdorf) 278 places